Dayton Outpatient Counseling Services
Diagnostic assessment, individual, group, family and marital counseling are available as needed. Services are designed to be brief and solution-focused in nature. Our goal is to assist our clients in identifying and mobilizing their own coping skills and natural supports as well as learning new skills and ways of dealing with their environment. The goal of treatment is not solution of problems, but rather the enhancement and development of skills to enable the client to engage in effective problem solving once out of the office.
The projected length of treatment for most individuals is 3 to 6 months. We recognize, however, that not all situations lend themselves to brief treatment, and we attempt to provide appropriate and effective, services to all individuals. Groups are also available to help clients develop skills in areas such as anger management, wellness, relationships and coping skills.
Children & Adolescent Outpatient Services
Children and Adolescent services provide counseling and community supportive services to both children and their families who experience trauma, behavioral, mental or emotional and/or substance abuse issues related to their everyday living. Our professional staff is trained to reach out to people in their homes, schools, communities, court, and detention settings. Individuals can receive individual/family and group counseling as needed.
THE RECOVERY MODEL
The New Beginnings staff strives to create a service environment that promotes optimum health, wellness, and recovery from mental illness through our commitment to the following guiding principles of recovery:
- Individuals determine their own path to recovery.
- Individuals are responsible for their own self-care and journey of recovery towards independence.
- Recovery’s central, motivating message is a better future — that people can and do overcome obstacles.
- There are multiple pathways to recovery based on individuals’ unique strengths, needs, preferences.
- Individuals can choose among treatment options and participate in all decisions that affect them.
- Recovery focuses on individuals’ entire lives, including mind, body, spirit and community.
- Recovery isn’t a set step-by-step process but one based on continual growth, occasional setbacks and learning from experience.
New Beginnings Therapeutic Services is a Trauma Informed agency. Staff is trained on the effects of trauma on individuals. At New Beginnings we are also trained on how to provide responses when interacting with individuals to minimize the chance of re-traumatizing someone.